Jim Kerr's Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Walnut Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies
2 c flour
1 c oats
2 t baking soda
2 t cinnamon (or four shakes)
1/2 t salt
1/2 c (1/2 stick) butter
1 &1/2 c sugar
1 c sugar
3 t vanilla
2 c cooked and pureed pumpkin (I use canned)
1 12 0z bag - semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 oz unsweetened backing chocolate (flake chipped chopped whatever)
1 shake of ginger ground
1 shake of cloves ground
1 cup of walnuts
1 t fresh (espresso) ground coffee
1 c cranberries
Note: a shake is what you do when you are too lazy to measure and
you just shake it out of the spice container/shaker
The lazy method:
Toss everything into Kitchen Aid mixer and let her rip.
go to step 6
This is the traditional way:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Combine dry ingredients (flour through salt). Set aside.
3. Cream butter. Gradually add both sugars and cream until light and
fluffy. Add egg and vanilla and mix well.
4. Alternate additions of dry ingredients and pumpkin, mixing well
after each addition.
5. Stir in chocolate chips, walnuts and cranberries
6. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto baking sheet, leaving room for cookies
to spread. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until tops of
cookies are dry and spring back when touched lightly. Remove from
baking sheet and cool on racks.
These are awesome with fresh brewed black coffee.