1. Insert CD. If the Autorun feature is disabled on your computer double click
on Setup.exe on the CD.
2. When the launch window appears click “Install Symantec Antivirus.”
3. In the next window click “Install Symantec Antivirus” again.
4. Once the Antivirus install wizard loads click on the “Next” button.
5. Accept the terms and condition and click on the “Next” button.
6. Make sure it says “Client Install” and click on the “Next” button.
7. Make sure it says “Complete Install” and click on the “Next” button.
8. Make Sure it says “Unmanaged” and click on the “Next” button.
* Don’t Mess this one up.*
9. Both boxes should be selected and click on the “Next” button.
10. Click on “Install.”
12. If a ZoneAlarm warning appears make sure you allow the LuCom module access to the internet. Likewise if LiveUpdate asks for access allow it, and check the box that says “Remember this Decision”
13. Run the live update after install (Clicking Next, Next, etc…Finish.)
14. After the installation is complete click on Start, All Programs, Symantec Client Security, and finally Symantec Anti-Virus.
15. Once the Antivirus window is open, click on File, Scheduled Updates, and the click on the “Schedule” Button.
16. Change the Frequency from Weekly to Daily, change the time to within 30 minutes of your normal log-in time (9:00 AM for work computers.) Click “Ok.”
17. Next, click on Configure, and the Internet E-mail, and then the “Advanced” button.
18. Change the Scanning level from 3 to 10. (Do not touch the Ports!) Click “Ok.”
19. Click on File System Auto-Protect, then click the “Advanced” button, the “Heuristics” button, and remove the check from the “Enable Heuristics” box. Click “Ok” twice.
20. Click on File, Exit, and you are done.
Return to Jim's Security Page
Return to Jim's Trix Page
Return to Jim's ISER Page
Return to Profiles or Directory Page or ISER Home Page